Oh so buttery and melt-in-your-mouth crumbly, this cookie classic often doesn’t get the appreciation it deserves. So, when we heard about National Sugar Cookie Day, we couldn’t help but celebrate! We brewed up a fresh pot of Cameron’s Cinnamon Sugar Cookie blend and got straight to baking. We know you’ll love this heavenly cookie recipe, especially when paired with its Cameron’s Coffee companion!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 & 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Sugar with a dash of cinnamon for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, oil, eggs, sugars, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy — this should take about 5-10 minutes on a medium high setting.
- Add the salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, and flour. Mix until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate your dough for one hour. Seriously! Don’t skip this step.
- Using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop, drop dough balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix some sugar with a few dashes of cinnamon.
- Grab a glass cup and press the bottom into your dough just enough to get it sticky. Then dip the glass into your sugar and cinnamon mixture. Use the glass to flatten each ball of dough, dipping into the sugar each time. Repeat until all the balls are flattened.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until the cookies are slightly golden brown around the edges. Avoid over-browning these cookies.
- Allow to cool before eating. Some cookies are best when they’re hot and gooey — this cookie really shines after it’s cooled down.
- Enjoy with a cup of your favorite Cameron’s blend (we’re partial to Cinnamon Sugar Cookie) 🙂