Ok, so it might not be a “real holiday”, but it’s a real delicious holiday so we’re 100% game for it. Thinking about s’mores immediately brings memories of cool nights warming up by the campfire, huddled with friends and family sharing stories and lots of laughs. And, of course, it also brings to mind Cameron’s new S’mores Blend! We don’t make new flavors too often, so this one had us all super excited. Even folks here on the Cameron’s Coffee crew fall into a routine with our coffee and a new flavor is just the thing we need to spice up our morning java. That got us thinking, have we fallen into a s’mores routine? Graham crackers, Hershey’s chocolate, and marshmallows will surely do the trick, but we’ve got some incredible s’mores upgrades for you to try out!
Graham Cracker Upgrade
While the humble honey graham has served us well, there are so many ways to sandwich your gooey, chocolatey s’mores that you’ve got to change it up once in a while! The graham cracker swap is our favorite way to upgrade s’mores because it’s super easy and the options are endless.
- Chocolate graham crackers – chocolate lovers will adore this simple twist to the typical s’mores combo.
- Nabisco Cookies – Cookies are a great graham cracker substitution, and Nabisco makes some of our favorites! Nutter Butters, Oreos, Ginger Snaps, and Chips Ahoy! are all perfect for s’mores.
- Girl Scout Cookies – The ultimate upgrade. Thin Mints? Duh. Caramel deLites? Yes, please! Lemonades? A refreshing surprise! Girl Scout Cookies are the GOAT. How could you go wrong?
Let’s be honest, the original Jet-Puffed marshmallow is pretty hard to beat, but if you feel like being a little extravagant with your s’mores this summer, we’ve got some great upgrades!
- Artisan marshmallows – Yes, artisan marshmallows are a thing and they’re dang delicious! We love these Caramel Swirl mallows from local company, North Mallow.
- Homemade marshmallows – You can be your own artisan and whip up a homemade batch of mallows! Check out this recipe from Ina Garten.
Hershey’s chocolate is the go-to here, but we know you’ll go cuckoo for these cocoa upgrades!
- Peanut Butter – swap chocolate for peanut butter or combine them by using a dollop of peanut butter to stick your chocolate onto the graham!
- Nutella – Slather your s’more in hazelnutty deliciousness! And you’ll get bonus points if you sprinkle some Cameron’s Coffee grinds onto the spread. Trust us.
- Ghirardelli Squares – Feelin’ fancy? We are. Give the Hershey’s to the kids – these are the grown-ups’ s’mores! 😉
What’s your favorite s’more upgrade? Let us know in the comments!