Blog post in partnership with Jamie Preuss.
Cool and crisp mornings. A landscape with an ever-changing color palette. Crunchy and sweet apples. The warm and cozy flavors that come with the shift in seasons. That’s right…Fall is here!
This time of year may have you craving something spiced, comforting, and indulgent. And for many of us, pumpkin-flavored treats top the list! Satiate your sweet tooth with these tender Pumpkin Scones that are drizzled with a sweet pumpkin spice glaze featuring Cameron’s Coffee Pumpkin Spice Coffee. They’re simple to make, and even easier to devour!
Tips For Making The Best Scones:
- Use cake flour. This type of flour creates a delicate and soft crumb, which results in scones that aren’t overly dry (what’s worse than a dry scone?!).
- Use a food processor. The process of making scones includes combining chilled butter with dry ingredients. By using a food processor, you’re able to cut the butter in, creating a sand-like mixture.
- Don’t overbake! Again, not much is worse than a dry scone! The scones will cool on the baking sheet that they were baked on, meaning they’ll continue to gently cook even after they’re removed from the oven. Just be sure to transfer them to a cooling rack after 5 minutes.
Drizzle on something delicious. The best scones are ones that are drizzled with a delicious glaze. The glaze used in this recipe provides an extra dose of pumpkin! Cameron’s Coffee Pumpkin Spice brewed coffee is combined with powdered sugar and a little heavy cream, creating a luscious icing.
What To Serve With These Pumpkin Scones
Scones are a wonderful addition to any breakfast or brunch spread. Here are a few things to consider serving with them!
- Soft Scrambled Eggs: The key to the softest scrambled eggs is to cook them low and slow. Whisk together eggs, a little milk or cream, salt, and pepper before pouring in a pan with melted butter. Constantly stir them until they’re cooked to your desired consistency.
- Breakfast Sausage or Bacon: What’s brunch without bacon or sausage? Serve the breakfast protein on a large platter if serving a crowd.
- Fresh Fruit: During the Fall, sliced apples, grapes, and pears are a lovely nod to what’s in season.
- Coffee! The best pairing for these Pumpkin Scones naturally is Cameron’s Coffee Pumpkin Spice Blend! Its warming flavors perfectly complement the spices in the scones, making it the perfect accompaniment.
‘Tis The Season…
If you loved these seasonal scones, wait until you try Cameron’s Coffee’s limited-time flavors for Winter! Crème Brûlée Latte, White Chocolate Peppermint, and their Winter Blend lend to the coziest season that’s right around the corner. These festive blends would be the perfect addition to a winter brunch spread.
2 cups cake flour
¼ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
½ cup butter (1 stick), chilled and cut into bite-sized pieces
¼ cup canned pumpkin
¼ cup whole milk (or milk of choice)
For the scones:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add cake flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves to a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add the butter, processing until the mixture resembles sand, and the butter has been completely incorporated.
- Add the egg, pumpkin, and milk, pulsing to combine gently. Don’t overmix the dough, which could toughen the texture.
- Add dough to a floured working surface, and flour your hands. Form dough into a 6 inch round.
- Use a bench scraper or knife to slice the round into 8 equal triangles. Place scones on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until scones are baked through.
For the Cameron’s Coffee Pumpkin Spice Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon brewed Cameron’s Coffee Pumpkin Spice Coffee
1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, whisking completely to combine.
- Dip each scone into the glaze, and set on a cooling rack to set.
Enjoy with a hot cup of Cameron’s Coffee Pumpkin Spice Coffee!